Saturday, November 10, 2012

Scottish Renaissance Costume

    I made this costume for the Renaissance festival this last year. I wanted a Scottish style with warm colors and I wanted it to be comfortable (After all, I was going to be wearing it all day). :D

I've had the brown fabric for forever, and the plaid just showed up one day in a bag of fabric that no one wanted. I love when that happens. :D I designed it myself, but found a pattern and used it for the bodice.

Front:

FideliaNov063


FideliaNov064

Side:

FideliaNov070

Back:

FideliaNov069


FideliaNov065


FideliaNov073


FideliaNov066

I left the edge frayed after I washed it, I thought it looked good. 

FideliaNov074

Here's the buttons I used for the gather on the skirt and the skirt closure on the top (Not pictured)

FideliaNov068

Have a great day!


 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! This is so cute! I love how the orange cloth bunches up! Briliantly put together!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, you're thoughts and opinions are appreciated. I'd love to hear from you!

~Fidelia~

Note: Just remember not to leave any bad language, if you do, your comment shall not be published.