Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Fidelia's white dress and red corset

Hello everyone,

This costume is one I designed (I drafted the dress myself and altered a pattern for the corset). This is the first costume my character (Fidelia) wears in the movie, and fits her personality perfectly I think. Simple, like her time-period (White flowing dress) but with her rather fiery personality incorporated  into that time ( The bright red corset and boots). Anyways, here it is...

Pieces:
White dress
Bright red corset
Pirate boots
And a belt (Not pictured)




The bottom of the corset comes to a graceful point in the middle, giving it a little more pirate-style.


The dress is slightly longer in the back.  I also purposefully gave this dress a large hem, to make it heavier at the bottom, thus allowing it to drape properly.




The sleeves are draw-string at the bottom, giving it a renaissance look to it, while also giving it some versatility.


I made the dress out of some heavy-ish soft white linen.



In the next picture you can see a little of the aging I gave it. (It will get more through the making of the movie)


Without the boots and the corset, and the sleeves undone, it makes a nice night-gown.





Farewell for now,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, you're thoughts and opinions are appreciated. I'd love to hear from you!

~Fidelia~

Note: Just remember not to leave any bad language, if you do, your comment shall not be published.