Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Fidelia's Travelling Gown

Hello everyone!

~*~I got my first dress form today! My parents and grandparents got it for me for my birthday. :D I'm very happy with it. x) ~*~

This costume I designed and drafted. It is the last costume my character (Fidelia) wears in the movie, it could be called her "Farewell" gown as well. I made it out of some cool textured gold fabric that I found at a yard-sale.

~Pieces~
~A white under-dress
~A gold split-skirt over-dress
~A gold fabric belt

The design is slightly inspired by Eowyn's Shield Maiden gown (The under-dress part) and Arwen's rose-colored dress (The over-dress part):

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

The sleeves are split down the side/back:

Photobucket

For the lacing a did a simple "Big 'X' Little 'x'" pattern:

PhotobucketPhotobucket






Until next time, 

2 comments:

  1. It looks awesome! I especially love the first picture, but the sleeves are beautiful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the sleeves, the way they lace up goes with the dress amaizingly well!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, you're thoughts and opinions are appreciated. I'd love to hear from you!

~Fidelia~

Note: Just remember not to leave any bad language, if you do, your comment shall not be published.