Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Velvet Formal Cape

Hello everyone,

In the middle of December I attended a winter formal, and thought I'd share with you the cape I made to wear to it. A Medieval/Elvish design was my inspiration.

I made it out of some soft grey/silver velvet that I purchased at Joann's:

Photobucket

I did not make the dress, but I wanted you to see how it looked with it:

Photobucket

I got this cool clasp at Hobby Lobby. They always have so many adorable ones. :)

Photobucket

It was so much fun to make. :) I love working with velvet. :D

Photobucket

And for a little more fun, I added a hood:

Photobucket



It drapes very nicely and is extremely comfortable to wear.

Photobucket


Photobucket

I made slightly shorter in the front, draping down to it's full length in the back:

Photobucket


Photobucket

Farewell for now,


2 comments:

Feel free to leave a comment, you're thoughts and opinions are appreciated. I'd love to hear from you!

~Fidelia~

Note: Just remember not to leave any bad language, if you do, your comment shall not be published.